March 25, 2020
The world’s medical community continues to closely monitor the emergence and spread of Coronavirus, or COVID-19. Organizations like the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA), and the World Health Organization (WHO) have made recommendations on how to best navigate these challenging times.
We at Dwyer have been sure to employ safety precautions, and we urge you to do the same for your health and that of others. Our goal is to maintain a safe workplace and encourage added practices to preserve the health of our customers and team alike.
Measures We Have Taken Regarding COVID-19
We have asked every Dwyer employee to practice CDC recommendations to promote a safe and hygienic workplace. These requests include:
- Frequently wash hands with soap and water
- If soap and running water are unavailable, use alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Avoid touching your eyes, mouth, and nose
- Stay at home if you have a fever, cough, or shortness of breath, or if someone in your household has tested positive for COVID-19
- If you have contracted COVID-19 or someone in your household has, Dwyer will follow any applicable guidelines set forth by our Local, State and Federal Government
- Technicians are not permitted to enter the office or warehouse until further notice. If admission is required, management has to approve before entry
- Company-wide meetings are canceled until further notice
- Technicians will be dispatched from home and only one person per vehicle
- Routinely disinfect frequently touched surfaces
- Drivers and technicians in the field will wear gloves
- Maintain a safe distance of six feet from others, including Dwyer customers
- Do not shake hands or make physical contact with the customer or other employees for any reason
- Technicians will decline entering a home if they suspect a customer is ill
- Technicians will not ask customers to sign any paperwork or tablets
- Dwyer is requesting customers provide basement entry or secondary access to the building
- Dwyer will attempt to resolve nonemergency calls over the phone.
- Annual maintenance can be scheduled for 4/15/20 and later
Precautions We Suggest for Your Safety
Our number one priority is to keep you safe, which is why we’ve collected some of the top suggestions by medical experts when it comes to personal adjustments we can all make to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Please read through the list of suggestions below—if you have any questions, you can visit CDC.gov to learn the latest.
- Follow the suggestions listed in the bullet list above
- Avoid close contact with others, especially people who are sick
- Maintain a safe distance of six feet from others, including Dwyer staff
- Put a distance between yourself and other people
- Know which people are at a higher risk of severe illness
- Stay at home and avoid gatherings of people
- Wear a face mask if you are sick or giving care to someone who is sick
We Are Here to Support You and Your Family
Although this is a time of great concern and uncertainty, please know that our team at Dwyer is committed to your comfort and safety. You can expect the same high level of service you’re used to as a customer of ours, along with new added safety precautions to keep you and our staff safe.
If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to give us a call. Thank you for your understanding, your patience, and for trusting Dwyer with your safety.