Easy Ways to Save Energy in PA
Reducing your energy use at home is easy when you’re a Dwyer customer! We have all kinds of products and services that can heat and cool your home more efficiently, help conserve energy, and minimize related costs.
Year-Round Energy Savings
For Cold Weather
- If your heating system is 15 years old or older, upgrading to a new high-efficiency system can reduce your annual fuel costs by as much as 30%.
- Scheduling a tune-up of your heating equipment just once a year can lower your annual fuel costs by 10%.
- Enroll in a heating system maintenance plan for your oil or gas equipment to protect your home and wallet from unplanned service calls. Benefit from services that protect your equipment and keep it running efficiently for a longer lifespan.
For Warm Weather
- High-efficiency air conditioning systems offer more variety now than ever before. Choose an appliance with an ENERGY STAR® label and a SEER of higher than 16 for the best results.
- According to the U.S. Department of Energy, simply replacing a dirty, clogged air filter with a clean one can reduce your air conditioner’s energy consumption by 5-15%.
- Sign up for a cooling system maintenance plan for either your central A/C system or ductless heat pump. This includes services to keep your equipment operating properly to save you money on service calls and repairs.
Through the Seasons
- Don’t forget about your water heater! Just like scheduling annual service for your heating and cooling equipment, or upgrading it when necessary, a routine checkup for your water heater will offer greater efficiency and more hot water available—for a lower cost.
- Install a programmable thermostat to achieve better indoor comfort, greater convenience, and savings of about $180 each year. A Wi-Fi thermostat makes managing energy use even easier!
- Schedule an energy audit to evaluate areas of your home that can be updated to improve your energy efficiency. Spend less on heating or cooling costs, improve indoor comfort, and identify potential future issues in advance.
Want to learn more about how Dwyer can help you cut energy spending? Contact us to schedule your next service appointment or to learn more about energy-efficient upgrades!